My first attempt at building a Sport C class boat didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. So, in the winter of 2012 I went back to the drawing board and produced a completely new design. I built the boat that winter and started racing it in the summer of 2012.
The two principal goals with this design were to relocate the center of lift and to cut way down on weight.
I used the composite cockpit I built for my original Sport C boat.
You can see the story of my first boat HERE.
You can see how the Dillon Sport C project has progressed in the following pages, including repairs after the 2012 season (Page 5), and some redesign work in the fall of 2014 (Page 6):
Page One :
Page Two :
Page Three :
Page Four :
Page Five :
See plans for the Dillon Sport C and the Dillon Composite Cockpit.